Did you hear?
Of 150 markets analyzed by U.S. News & World Report, the Rochester area is ranked 21st on the list of Best Places to Retire in the U.S. That’s up 29 spots from last year!
Why is Rochester such a great place to retire to? We have some thoughts...
- Generally low cost of living compared to other places in the US
- Rich cultural scene, with numerous museums, theaters, and festivals (basically a festival every week in the summer!)
- The Finger Lakes region, known for its scenic beauty, is nearby, offering outdoor recreational opportunities and lots of wineries
- Excellent healthcare system with teaching hospital and multiple other large hospitals
- A number of well-maintained retirement communities and 55+ neighborhoods
- Diverse job market for those who want to continue working part-time or seasonally after retirement
- International airport makes it easy to visit family or friends who live in other areas
U.S News & World Report specifically mentioned our "warmer, kinder and more welcoming” residents, too!